Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bad Southern Belle is Back

Let me manage your expectations for a moment.  I will post once or twice a week.  But you need to know... 
Seattle has unexpectedly failed me.
I thought I would be inspired by the lush green atmosphere, several bodies of water, and muted colors, but that has not been the case.  I could say that even after 9 months of living here, I don't know how to dress for the weather (I do, kinda sorta), that there isn't good shopping here (there is), that I'm broke (I'm not).  These aren't the reasons why I've had a fashion block.




Here are my excuses for why I gave up on my fledgling blog that people have been asking about for two years:


  1. PINTEREST AKA THE DEVIL.  I make amazing pin boards.
  2. To be honest, I just stopped giving a shit.  When you create a blog, you are sharing yourself with the public at large.  It's weird!
  3. Deciding to move from the DC area to Seattle, actually moving, and the aftermath took so much out of me.  I haven't been inspired for quite some time.  It was a 3,053 trip that I did alone in my beloved convertible (RIP Lulu.  You have been replaced by Dolly Jo, a white dodge dart with a backup camera PRAISE JESUS).
  4. I gave up on fashion and personal style for awhile.  I look at my wardrobe and imagine all of the wonderful places I could have gone instead.  I COULD HAVE PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOANS BY NOW!
  5. I was trying to get that money.  I worked two jobs.  It was really tough!  I had to make a choice and I chose to focus on my career.  
  6. I lost the fashion award I won in 2008.  I don't know where it is.  I'm scared someone is going to ask for proof and I can't provide it because it's somewhere in the state of South Carolina.  Yeah, I know the letters are small.
Here are the reasons I'm going to start the blog again:
  1. I find amazing shit.  I just do.  I'm good at what I do, and what I do is shop.  None of it is expensive either.
  2. I'm at least 2,700 miles from 90% of my friends.  Do I have friends in Seattle?  A few good ones.  But the concentration is on the East Coast.  I miss them and this is strangely a way to feel close to them.  So, this is going to be more than fashion.  More like a scrap book with an emphasis on style.
  3. More than 10 friends have asked me to do video updates.  I will do that, but I will twerk in one of them and I don't want to hear SNATCH about it.
  4. I like ranting, but I'm tired of doing it on facebook.  So there...
Shantel's reaction to BSB news.
No worries!  I'm sure one viewing of Mahogany this weekend will solve my two-years long fashion crisis.  Allora (Italian for ok now), I'm cooking up a lipstick post so stay tuned!  Lipstick has been my savior in Seattle.  Worship at the alter of Wet N Wild lipstick.  Look at my beautiful, luscious, molded by the hand of God lips.  



2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

    You know me so well.

    Also, I went out searching for your Cherry Pickin' Wet 'n' Wild lippie and couldn't find it anywhere... I almost bought an orange one, though. I'm so pumped for your return to the interwebs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...