Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ensemble of the Day: I got the BLUES edition

I love this dress.  I love it to pieces.  After green, blue is my favorite color; so when there are multiple blues in one dress, I'm completely on board.  This dress is from the early 1980s.  How do I know that?  As the 80s wore on, dresses became bigger and bigger with crazier construction.  Bows on the butt.  Shoulder pads as big as football padding.  Drop waist into a diamond.  All of that and more that I have tried to forget about.  Yeah yeah ended a sentence with a preposition.  Sue me!  This dress is quite simple in construction, and this type of material was still being used in the early 1980s.  Small pleats are consistent with this era.

I really like the diamond pattern with the ombre.  The construction of the dress is really simple but there's so much going on with texture, color, and pattern it's really exciting.  Ombre generally refers to the hair trend that starts dark at the roots and gradually goes lighter towards the ends (I just call that recession hair.  I'm rocking it right now!) but I think it's an apt description for this dress.  I accessorized with a leather, purple, Liz Claiborne belt, hot pink lipstick, and a gold brooch.  I also really like the dress becaust it is sheer. 



The button detail!  I love small stuff like that :)  Totally adds value to the dress.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...