Monday, May 7, 2012

When entertaining "intimate" friends, a hostess wears...

Black Lace Lingerie!

I'm cheap.  Thermostat set on 78 degrees F.  I don't wear much black.  I reserve that color for times of mourning (like when Game of Thrones went off the air last year), when I have nothing to wear, and when I'm feeling like a country ham.  This ensemble doesn't fit in any of these categories.  

I had a friend over for cocktails today and didn't feel like "dressing" for the occasion so I wore one of my many vintage slips.  My grandmother would beat my "light-skinned behind" if she knew I was wearing one of my slips.  I tried to pull that stunt in Charleston 4 summers ago.  I was marched back into the house and not allowed to leave until I found something more appropriate.  So I threw on a cardigan and was marched back into the house yet again.  Grandma doesn't believe in underwear as outerwear, but I do!  And besides, grandma isn't here and grandma doesn't read blogs so there!


This is a great gown from the 1980s.  I fell in love with the lace midsection!  The scarf was a purchase from a consignment shop called Yesterday's Rose located in Fairfax, Virginia.  This is the same shop that I found that gorgeous mint green dress described in this post.  I felt slinky and glamorous, though I know I don't look as slinky as I feel right now.  I wish fried chicken was never invented.

 


1 comment:

  1. I like it :-) nice of mix of edgy/sexy/classy thanks to to the length

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...