Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hospital Glam: It's Possible and It's Comfortable

Good old Southern Comfort.  When I'm sick, I watch Vampire Diaries, eat shrimp and grits, and drink apple cider mixed with Southern Comfort.  I lay about in kimonos and wear fuzzy socks with my favorite Korean boy bands on them.  But that's when I'm sick for a day.

My good friend's mother has been recently diagnosed with cancer.  Fearing there was nothing I could do, other than to send a cliche bouquet of flowers and a naked Ricky Martin poster, I looked to my illustrious talents.  The last thing someone is worried about when they are diagnosed with cancer is how they appear to others, but I think glamorizing just a tad can do wonders to uplift the spirits.  Per my friend's request, here are some ensembles that will have the doctors running to Nordstrom for their own fabulous comfort-wear. 

 Some of the most comfortable things I own include a Duke sweatshirt and stretch pants.  They are not glamorous by any stretch of the imagination, but the following things are pretty and comfortable.  I suggest pretty kimonos, real cashmere, lacy robes, and decorative leggings.  Please keep in mind that the items featured below are ideas.  I would never spend more than $30 on a robe, while some of the things below are extremely expensive.




OOOOH the Caftan.  LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT.  THEY ARE NOT MUMUS!  I BARELY KNOW WHAT  A MUMU IS BUT IT IS NOT A CAFTAN!  I adore a brightly colored caftan.  They're my version of sweatpants.  They are easy to slip on and off, comfortable, and come in a variety of fabrics:  Silk, satin, polyester, or cotton.  One can easily wear leggings or nothing else underneath.  Throw on a turban and all of a sudden you're Lana Turner.  Also, there are tons in vintage shops.  Throw a spit ball in a vintage store and I promise you'll hit one.  Short ones are available but the longer ones are truly more glamorous.  Many billow, but I prefer the ones that align with the silhouette of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...