Monday, April 16, 2012

Ensemble of the Day: Work Edition

I absolutely love this outfit.  I feel like I'm going to go ride elephants in the jungles of Thailand.  (*Aside* Funnily enough, I wore a dress with elephants on it when I rode elephants in Thailand.  I hope Big Momma (the elephant's name) wasn't offended.  FYI I do not recommend riding on the elephant's head.  *Aside over*)  Found it at the Salvation Army down the road for $11.99, both matching pieces.  


Many people view a matching top and bottom as passé and old, but I always think these ensembles are really fun.  And I happen to like channeling old people.  Look at vintage photos compared to photos today.  Whose outfit do you stare at longer?  Most likely the vintage photo.  You can always modernize this type of outfit by breaking the matching pieces up with a solid scarf or as I did, a bronze belt.  I really wanted to wear my trusty yellow Liz Claiborne belt but I thought I should probably give that poor thing a rest. 

I wore the outfit to work for the first time today and received many compliments.  All from old people.  The brand is called "Misty Lane";  you can find new outfits on websites like foreverelegant.com.  I do not recommend shopping on a website called foreverelegant.com.  It's usally forever tacky. This outfit is actually from the late 1980s, but I am not sure about the exact year.  However, there is a vintage union label on the inside; these labels always mean that they were made before 1990. 

 To make this outfit more modern and to take advantage of the crop top trend that popped up on Spring 2012 runways, I added this white Zara top to the high-waist pants.  I have no idea why I bought the top, but it was 2009 in Seoul, South Korea and I bought a lot of odd things back then.  Seemed like a good idea at the time and I was right.



  This ensemble is actually in my top ten favorites for the Summer.


3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! The only thing that keeps me from COMPLETELY stealing your style aesthetic is that we such different body types. Sigh. I will still be visiting frequently when I need some style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style Jacinta. Honestly, I need to be more courageous with my style and my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! How about you start with adventurous accessories and go from there?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...