Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ensemble of the Day: Work Edition

This is a 100% silk, deep teal, Lauren by Ralph Lauren suit.  The kicker?  It was $12 at the Salvation Army down the street.  Ya'll.  This Salvation Army is about the size of a grocery store.  I was jumping up and down in the dressing room when I found the suit because it fit perfectly.  The suit was made sometime in the late 90s based on the shoulder padding, length, and style of the jacket so it can't be considered vintage yet.  Do you remember when cropped pant suits were all the rage?  Probably not but I do.  Based on my research, the suit was originally $150-$200. 


The blouse (quite possibly meant for lingerie it's that flimsy) was $4.99 at the same thrift store from a brand called Etienne.  It was most definitely made sometime during the 1980s; therefore, is considered vintage.  It is white with sheer horizontal panels alternating with satin horizontal panels outlined in gold threading.  It is a fantastic shirt tucked in; quite horrid when not tucked in.  I buy the ugliest shirts, tuck them in some high waisted pants or a skirt and BAM!  Cuteville.




I adore costume jewelry.  Nothing can change your entire wardrobe more quickly than jewelry and accessories.  The necklace is from Charlotte Russe, courtesy of the local Manassas Mall, the mall that still has a Spencer's and a Hot Topic.  If you recall, Spencer's sells things that you can purchase on Amazon.com and will come to your home in discreet black packages.  Hot Topic is for the goth Lolita type.  I have a story about having to buy something from Hot Topic for Hooters but that is another blog post.



I adore Liz Clairborne accessories from the 1980s and 1990s.  All the belts are real leather and will look as good as the day you bought it years and years down the line.  The yellow belt I'm wearing with the suit is one you will see often because it is my absolute favorite.  I bought it in 2006.


The scarf is vintage Etro.

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...