Monday, April 23, 2012

Ensemble of the Day: Polkadots Go to Work

Today was another ugly day in ugly Virginia.  I planned on wearing this polka dot dress with black sandals, but it was only to reach a high of 50 degrees today.  I threw on wool tights, a black Zara cardigan, my trusty baby blue beret that has traveled all over the world with me, a baby blue spandex belt from H&M Madrid, a hand sewn dress bought at a thrift store in Charleston, and some Italian boots.  What really makes the dress a little more unique than the average polka dot is the detail on the shoulder.  It creates a really slimming effect for the upper arm area.  The dress was actually a foot longer but I had it altered in Korea.  When I get bored with my wardrobe but don't want to throw anything away, I take it to the tailor to work some magic.  A good tailor is one of the most important things you can have in your rolodex.  Do people still have those?
















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...