Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ensemble of the Day: Sunday Edition-The Bigger the Hoop the Bigger the Ho

Today I finally had the opportunity to wear the navy blue and white striped dress with the open triangle back featured in this post.  It was so sunny and beautiful so I decided to venture out and hit up new thrifting territory!  I needed to wear something comfortable and easy to slip on and off.  The thing I love about dresses from the mid-1970s is that they were made for comfort.  

And of course, I accessorized with my favorite belt, the Liz Claiborne yellow leather belt.  I belt so many of my clothes because I am so short!  5"2 is not a lot of height, so I break myself up into parts with the belt.  It's also quite difficult to wear stripes and not look like Harry the Hippo, so a belt breaks up the monotony of pattern.  Other than my trusty ho hoops, I wore no other jewelry.  There was already so much going on I didn't need yet another focal point.

What would have made my outfit perfect is if I had included espadrilles; unfortunately, I don't even own a pair.  Time to go shoe shopping!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...