Sunday, April 22, 2012

Slave Wisdom, Courtesy of Kwad

I'll set the stage.  Kwad, Duke class of 2006 speaking to me about pursuing different opportunities.

Me:   I'm not impressive on paper. I don't do well on standardized tests.    I'm that phantom duke grad. But I'll look into it.
Kwad:  I'll help you.  You have tons of international experience.  You scream marketing; fuck your grades; mine sucked too
Me:  It's not the grades, i did ok; it's test scores.  Will it get me out of virginia?
Kwad:  Experience teaching people something they don't know well = innovative relationships manager.  Absolutely
Me:  Are you saying you're my underground railroad?
Kwad:  Not the railroad per se, but I can be your Harriet Tubman if you're committed cuz I'm sure Harriet had some slow slaves that got got and fell to the wayside because they weren't really about that free life



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...